Obesity has become one of the major medical problems now days in the whole world. Obesity implies the deposition of too much fat in the body. Obesity results when a person ingests more calories than he or she can burn off. If this process happens regularly over a period of time it results in to extra body fat leads to weight gain. Weight gain is often caused by an unhealthy poor dietary intake and lack of work out or exercise.
To loose weight fast some general guidelines need to be followed:
- Incorporate physical activity and healthy eating habits daily and routine physical activities are strongly recommended to achieve adequate weight loss
- Take adequate portion sizes of food, including grains, protein, vegetables, dairy, and fruits.
- Advocate three balanced meals a day, and keep healthy snakes available.
- Allow readily available healthy food choices
- Encourage eating at home and less fast food
- Encourage eating in one place without distraction
How BMR has importance to loose your weight
Before discussing role of BMR in weight loss first we need to understand what exactly BMR is? BMR or basal metabolic rate is the amount of energy expended while at rest or BMR is the minimum amount of calories required to sustain the body’s functions and processes. BMR is responsible for approximately 60-70 percent of total calories.
If BMR is increased then there would be a constant calorie consumption results in burning excess fats and significant weight loss.
Some important instruction to know how to loose weight fast
- Think of food as fuel that is consumed through out the day
- Follow healthful eating from all food groupsPlan your meals because planning your meals helps you to get a balanced diet
- Have a nutrient-dense snakes readily available, such as chopped vegetables, fresh fruits, reduced fat yogurt or cheese, and whole-grain crackers
- Often bake, boil, and grill lean protein foods, such as chicken, fish, and seafood
- Take more fibre rich diet because fibre keeps the right or appropriate amount of water in your lower gastrointestinal tract which makes your digestive system proper and efficient
- Eat together as a family without the TV
- Prepare one dinner for everyone in the family containing a nonstarchy vegetable, lean protein, and whole grain.
- Require that breakfast be consumed within 1 hour of waking. For nonbreakfast eaters, encourage starting the day with light choices, such as fruit or reduced-fat yogurt
- Consider fast food for special meals only
- Do 30-60 minutes of physical activity most days
- Make physical activity fun by encouraging team sports, active plays, dancing, move your body by doing such activities in order to burn more and more calories.
- Be physically active as a family
- Plan active weekends, such as going in to the park, playing sports, walking, biking, in-line skating, yard work etc.
- Limit TV/video time to two hours per day
- Don’t think of food as “good” or “bad”
- Don’t allow the skipping of meals
- Don’t eliminate any one food group
- Don’t stock the refrigerator with caloric beverages, including soda, punch, or juice drinks. In addition, don’t allow excessive 100% juice consumption.
- Don’t give only one snack food choice
- Don’t fill cabinets with height fat foods (for example, sugar crackers, cookies, candy, cakes, muffins, cereals, etc.
- Don’t take individual food orders from the family members
- Don’t eat in front of TV
- Take proper breakfast
- Don’t follow sedentary life or activity, such as television viewing or video game use
- Don’t make physical activity about winning, exercise, or redundant activities.
- Don’t plan weekend activities that involve food and/or inactivity, such as movies, video games, watching television sporting events, etc.
- Don’t allow yourself with TV use. Don’t keep the T.V in the bedroom.
- Don’t take much stress about routine affairs
- Drink plenty of water because adequate water intake is very essential for the maintenance of the health. One should take one glass of water before meal; it will help digestion and also give you the feeling of fullness which prevents you from overeating.
- Drink low fat milk
- Do not follow deprivation diet because it cause your metabolic rate slow and being on deprivation diet for a long time period once you stop diet, your body burns calories more slowly and you will gain wait faster than ever before.
- Drink green tea because green tea polyphenols and katechines play a very important role to increase the BMR and as a result helps to reduce your weight
- Avoid drinks containing sugar and alcohol, because they contain high calories and increase your weight.
- Citrus fruits are quite helpful to reduce to reduce your weight fast, drinking a small glass of orange or grapefruit before each meal is a great way to loose weight fast.