Exercise With Oxygen Training (EWOT)
EWOT was developed by ‘Dr Manfred van Aarden’ in the 1990’s and is now a widely accepted practice and currently used in more than 300 medical institutions worldwide. It is very new to South Africa and not well known, however medical research has shown how EWOT changes people’s lives by helping avert age related diseases such as cardio vascular disease, arthritis and cancer. It is based on the fact that with increasing age, cellular energy is more limited by the oxygen supply than by nutrient supply.
EWOT is effective for:
- Balancing O2 levels in the lungs, which have deteriorated by old age and stress
- Early stage cataract, glaucoma, loss of field of vision, impaired focus
- Peripheral circulation disorders in extremities
- Circulation disorders of old age, senile diabetes
- Accelerates any rehabilitation program
- Lasting increase in physical performance capacity
- Defense stimulation (Immune stimulation) especially after classical cancer treatment that uses radiation and chemotherapy
- Reverse diabetic retinopathy, strokes, burns, and stress
In short, it is very effective for managing and curing chronic disease due to the higher levels of oxygen which are used.
EWOT (exercise with oxygen therapy) is a method of breathing higher levels of oxygen during exercise in order to increase the amount of oxygen in your blood plasma. EWOT can produce many desired effects in as little as 15 minutes, a few times a week.
When you deliver and utilize more oxygen to your cells you:
- Increase energy levels and metabolism
- Experience improvement in tissue and organ function
- Stimulate your immune system, reducing the probability of future illness
- Reduce inflammation in the body, starting with the vascular system and joints
- Produce the energy of youth, improving short-term health and longevity
By allowing your heart rate to reach a target level needed for initiating super oxygen delivery, your body goes through a re-saturation process. This process delivers super-oxygenated blood to the tissues and all major organs of the body.
The benefits include:
- Preventing of age related disease such as cancer, cataracts, heart disease, diabetes, and chronic fatigue
- Recovery from stress related diseases such as insomnia, cognitive decline, depression, obesity, Alzheimer’s, asthma, blood pressure, heart attacks, cholesterol, headaches, and irritable bowel syndrome
- The slowing down of the ageing process
- Recovery from jetlag
- Stimulation of the immune system
- Weight loss
IS EWOT GOOD FOR STRESS AND INSOMNIA SYMPTOMS?
Absolutely, it helps act as an anti-inflammatory and reduces the body’s excessive release of stress hormones. It is very effective when used in corporate wellness programmes.
IS EWOT EASY TO DO?
Yes, as each patient is taken and trained according to their current health status. The boost of oxygen allows changes to be seen in as little as 1-3 sessions.
IF I AM SICK AND ON CHRONIC MEDICATION CAN I STILL DO EWOT?
Yes, the doctor will assess you prior to prescribing a course of treatment. At the same time during the treatment you will be constantly monitored using a pulse oximeter and other metrics including pulse and oxygen saturation.
HOW MANY SESSIONS OF EWOT DO I NEED?
That all depends on what you are wanting to achieve with the EWOT sessions. We usually recommend buying a package of sessions and doing a 3 month programme to reverse chronic disease such as cancers, diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, chronic fatigue etc.
DOES EWOT IMPROVE ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE?
Yes it does, it improves endurance, and fitness from the first session. It can be used to get into peak physical condition for a specific sporting event, i.e. half marathon or a cycle tour.
EWOT FOR ATHLETES
EWOT is used by world class athletes, and improves physiological performance with its anti-inflammatory mechanism, especially when combined with our adaptive, contrast EWOT protocol. It reduces injury recovery times and extends the professional athletes ‘sell by date’.
Professional athletes that use EWOT include Michael Phelps and Dana Tores (US Olympic swimmer.) NFL football players have also been known to use it.
- Increased oxygen saturation for delayed onset of muscle soreness.
- Increased production of the body’s natural hormone levels to increase muscle mass i.e. testosterone.